The preview dialog has five buttons:
- Return To Start (Home): Clicking here will return you to the start of the video. It is like an instant rewind to the start of your video.
- Step Back (Left): Clicking this button will move you a little bit further back in the video. It is like hitting "Rewind" on your video player, then pressing "Pause" straight away.
- Play/Pause (Space): This button is similar to the Play and Pause buttons on your video player. Clicking Play will start the video playing, then clicking it again will Pause the video.
- Step Forward (Right): Clicking this button will move you a little bit forwards in the video. It is like hitting "Fast-Forward" on your video player, then pressing "Pause" straight away.
- Go To End (End): Clicking here will take you to the end of your video. It is like an instant fast-forward to the end of your video.
Below the video there is a timeline. You can click any position on the timeline to instantly go to that time of your video. It is like instantly rewinding or fast-forwarding until you reach that position in your movie. You can also drag the red cursor line on the timeline to watch as the video rewinds or fast-forwards if you would like.
There are 3 preview modes available:
Also you can press Alt + Enter to toggle full screen mode.
- Fit to window: This mode is the default. The video is resized to fit the preview area. After selecting this mode and if the window is shorter than the default height, the window height is increased to the default value. The mode also automatically switches to this once the window is resized (e.g. by dragging a window edge).
- Fit to screen: The window is stretched to fill the available area in the screen and the video is resized to fit the preview area.
- Actual size: The window is resized such that the preview area matches the actual size of the video. If the video size is larger than the available area (e.g. 1080p video in a 720p screen) then the mode is automatically switched to Fit to screen.