These settings are used to set up an email server for emailing a document directly from Doxillion. These settings must be configured before the email option can be used.
- Send using a SMTP server: Select this option if you want to use an SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server to send email. A SMTP server is typically provided by an Internet Service Provider or a company IT department.
- Send directly (work as own email server): Select this option if you do not have access to a SMTP server or if you do not know your SMTP server name or password.
- SMTP host: This is the address of your SMTP server (e.g., mail.mycompany.com)
- Server requires authorization: Check mark this box if your SMTP server requires authorization before an email can be sent. Most SMTP servers will require an authorization.
- Username: This is the SMTP authorization name.
- Password: This is the password associated with the SMTP username.
- Attempt to send directly if SMTP connection fails: If this box is checkmarked, Doxillion will attempt to work as its own email server if the SMTP server is unavailable. Note: Doxillion will not make this attempt if the SMTP authorization fails.
Message Settings Options
Use these options for setting up the way emails are sent by default. Emails can be altered before they are actually sent, but customizing these options can make it quicker to send emails.
- Default reply email: This is the reply to email address that will be used when emailing a document with Doxillion. This is generally your email address, but can be used with the server's "no reply" address or any other address.
- Use custom address for sending email: If this box is check marked, Doxillion will automatically populate the "Send To" field when the Email window is opened.
- Send to address: This is the email address that will automatically be populated into the "Send To" field when the Email window is opened.
- Use custom subject and body: If this box is checkmarked, Doxillion will automatically populate the subject and body fields when the Email window is opened.
- Subject: This is the custom subject that will be used when the Email window is opened.
- Body: This is the custom body that will be used when the Email window is opened.