Roofs can be added to a design in two ways:
- Auto Create: With this option, a roof can be added to a completed structure (e.g. a house). The roof is placed by hovering the mouse over the structure and clicking.
- Draw Path: With this option, a roof path (outline) can be drawn. The roof will be generated once the path is completed.
Once the roof path is complete, the sides of the roof can be toggled between hip and gable styles by clicking the arrow on the roof side.
Roofs can be customized in a number of ways:
- Style: This is used to select the roof covering, such as wood shingles, clay tile, etc.
- Color: This is used to select the color of the roof covering.
- Slope: This sets the slope of the roof.
- Eave Size: This set how far the roof is extended from the house.
- Roof Elevation (Path roofs only): This is the height of the roof base measured from ground level.
- Fascia: This toggles whether or not a fascia is added to the roof. If enabled, the fascia dimensions and color can be changed with the Height, Depth, and Style controls.