The Text Label tool allows you to add text to a project when it is viewed in 2D Blueprint or Rendered mode.
Text labels are a versatile tool that can be used to document a project by labeling rooms, landscape, features or providing instructions.
Text labels come in two modes.
- Generic: This is a blank label that can be placed anywhere in the project.
- Room: This label is placed over a room. It will be positioned at the geometric center of the room and will automatically include the room area in the label's text. After placement, the room label will function like a normal text label. It will not be updated or removed if the room changes.
Text Label: The text label you would like to insert. You can also edit it from the label on the project.
- Font Attributes:
- Style: The font to display the text label in.
- Bold: The font will be bolded if this button is checked.
- Italics: The font will be italicized if this button is checked.
- Underline: The font will be underlined if this button is check.
- Left Justify: The label's text will be left aligned.
- Centered: The label's text will be centered within the label.
- Right Justify: The label's text will be right aligned.
- Font Size:
The size of the text in the label. The font size can be selected from the pull down list or a custom size can be entered with the keyboard.
The angle of rotation of the text label. You can use the rotate icons to snap the text label to 90, 180, 270 or 360°.
- View Label in:
- Blueprint and Rendered: The label will be shown in both 2D Blueprint and 2D Rendered view modes.
- Blueprint only: The label will only be shown when the view mode is set to 2D Blueprint.
- Rendered only: The label will only be shown when the view mode is set to 2D Rendered.
NOTE: Text labels are not shown in 3D view mode.
- Text Color:
The color of the text, per the view mode. Colors for 2D Blueprint and 2D Rendered can be assigned independently.
- Text Label Use:
To place a text label, begin by selecting the Text Label tool on the Tools tab. Text labels can only be placed while in 2D Blueprint or 2D Rendered view modes (Text labels are not available in 3D view mode).
Click the desired location for the text label on the scene and the text label will be created and selected. The text label can then be edited, moved, or have its attributes changed. To delete the label, click the trash icon or delete button.