The General tab of the Preferences is where you set up cache parameters and adjust some settings for slides.
- Default cache folder - Specify a folder where you want to store cached data.
- Maximum allowed cache size in MB - Specify the maximum allowed hard drive space to be used by the cache.
- Remove cache files on exit - All cache files will be removed on exit. This restores occupied hard drive space but the cache will need to be rebuilt next time you use it.
- Clear cache - Click this button to clear all unused cache files.
- Default still image duration - Specify the duration, in seconds, to use for images when they are first added to the project.
- Attach short sound clips to video - Select this option if you want sound clips to be automatically attached to video clips. For example, you may have some background music on your soundtrack that you want to always play at the same time as one of your video clips. If this feature is enabled, placing the sound clip at the same timeline position as your video clip will link them. Then, if you move your video clip around on the timeline, the sound clip will automatically move too. (Note the video clip must have a longer or equal duration.)
Note: Any changes to transitions options will not be applied to slides already on the sequence.
- Default transition duration - Specify the default duration of transitions applied to slides on the sequence in seconds.
- Default transition type - Choose the default transition type from the list. Note: It is not possible to select Morph as the default transition type because morph lines need to be drawn over similar features of the slides involved.
- Add transitions automatically - Tick this box to automatically add a transition to any slide you add to the sequence.
- Randomize transition type - Tick this box to randomize the type of transition used when an automatic transition is applied. If not ticked, automatic transitions will use the default transition type.