The Video Effects dialog allows you to adjust the color settings of the video, and to add text to the video. Open the Video Effects dialog by clicking the Effects button at the bottom of Prism's main screen.
- Select 'Apply to selected file(s)' to apply effects to selected files only.
- Select 'Apply to all files' to apply effects to all files in the file list.
- Adjust the brightness, contrast, and gamma settings of your video by dragging the corresponding sliders left or right.
- Apply color filters to your video by selecting a filter from the drop-down list.
- Click the 'Reset Defaults' button to reset to the original color settings.
Note: Any text added will appear for the entire duration of the video. Rotate and Flip
- Use the alignment buttons to right, center, or left justify your text, or to vertically align it to the top, center or bottom of the video.
- Enter text to create a title or caption for your video. Type any combination of %YYYY%, %MM%, %DD%, %HH%, %MIN% or %SS% to insert current year, month, day, hour, minute or second. Type %time% or %timenoms% to insert video absolute time.
- Click the Font button to select a font, font style, size, text effects, color, and to view a sample of the text.
- Choose a color for the text and for the background directly behind the text.
- Click the 'Reset Defaults' button to remove the text and reset to the original settings.
- Rotate your video by 90, 180, or 270 degrees by clicking the rotate buttons.
- Check 'Flip horizontally' or/and 'Flip vertically' to apply flipping to your video.
- Click the 'Reset Defaults' button to turn off the rotation effect.
- Enable - If the Enable checkbox is ticked, all future image conversions will have the watermark image applied.
- Browse button and image name - Click the browse button to choose a watermark image. When a watermark image has been selected, the image file name will appear next to the Browse button.
- Size (%) - Slide to adjust the size of the watermark image. The maximum size will not exceed the converted image's post-conversion width or height.
- Filter - Select "Sharp square pixels" (best for low resolution images), or "Smooth blurry pixels" (best for photographs and scanned images).
- Opacity (%) - Slide to reduce the watermark image opacity to increase the visibility of the converted video from behind the watermark image.
- Alignment - Click the 3x3 grid of buttons to align the watermark image to different snapping points on your converted video.
- Horizontal offset (%) - Offset inwards from the left or right edge. Only available if the image is not centered horizontally.
- Vertical offset (%) - Offset inwards from the top or bottom edge. Only available if the image is not centered vertically.
- Click the 'Reset Defaults' button to remove the watermark and reset to the original settings.
On the Edit Video tab are tools to trim or split your video. At the top of the dialog you will see a video player with a timeline and play control buttons:
- Play/Pause the video(Ctrl + Space) button.
- Step backward(Ctrl + Left) allows you to move videoposition to the previous video frame.
- Step forward(Ctrl + Right) allows you to move videoposition to the next video frame.
- Dragging the timeline cursor or clicking on the timeline will change the video position.
Trim. To trim your video drag Start and End markers to the desired output video positions. The Start marker is red and the End marker is blue. Pressing the OK button will apply the trim effect and close the dialog. Your output video will contain only the selected video region. The following buttons are related to the Trim tool:
- [ Start(Ctrl + ,) sets the start marker to the current video player cursor position. You can also enter an exact time code in the edit control next to the [ Start button and press Enter to change the Start marker position.
- ] End(Ctrl + .) sets the end marker to the current video player cursor position. You can also enter an exact time code in the edit control next to the ] End button and press Enter to change the End marker position.
Split. To split your video, set the video player cursor position to the desired split position and press the Split (Ctlr + S) button. Two new files will be added to the Prism Main Dialog and to your output folder in the same format as the original video. They will be named filename_1, filename_2, etc. If you want to trim and split your video, you need to select the trim region (set Start and End markers) before clicking the Split button. The video will always be split into 2, if you want to split a video into more than 2 sections, you will need to split the video created by your first split into additional segments.
For additional video editing tools, we recommend that you try VideoPad Video Editor by clicking on the Edit your video now link. Designed to be intuitive, VideoPad is a fully featured video editor for creating professional quality videos in minutes. Making movies has never been easier.