Thank you for using Tone Generator. Tone Generator lets you create audio test tones, sweeps or noise waveforms using your computer or a PDA handheld.
- Generation of test tones in radio and other studios for the alignment of levels
- Calibration and testing of audio equipment or speakers
- As an accurate reference tone for tuning music instruments
- Demonstration of audio principles to students
- Acoustics testing and equalization
- Quality control and testing of sound cards
- White noise generator
- Audio band signaling
- Hearing tests (under suitable medical supervision)
- Sine wave, square wave, triangular waveform, saw tooth waveform, impulse, white noise, pink noise, brown noise, blue noise, violet noise, and grey noise.
- Supports frequencies from 1Hz to 22kHz bandwidth (subject to sound card)
- Multiple simultaneous tones (1 to 16 tones can be created at the same time). Useful for creating harmonics
- Mono or separate stereo operation (ideal to create dual tones or 'beats')
- Tone Sweeps (Log or Linear)
- Plays tone or saves as .wav file
- Windows: 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7 and 8
- A sound card
Related Audio Software
NCH Software develops many other audio software applications. If Tone Generator is not exactly what you are looking for, please visit our software page to download many other programs.