WavePad is a sound editor program for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android. It lets you record and edit voice and other audio recordings. You can cut, copy and paste parts of recording and, if required, add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction.
WavePad is designed to be very easy and intuitive to use. Within minutes you will be able to open or record a file and edit it. But if you take time to explore the other features you will find many powerful tools designed with the professional sound engineer in mind.
WavePad Basic Edition is free, but we hope you will consider upgrading to WavePad Master's Edition. With the Master's Edition you have a set a features designed with the professional in mind. To view pricing or to purchase WavePad Master's Edition please see https://secure.nch.com.au/cgi-bin/register.exe?software=wavepad .
- Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, flac, ogg, vox, gsm, real audio and many more.
- A wide range of editing capabilities including Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Insert, Silence, Auto Trim and others.
- Effects including Amplify, Normalize, Equalizer, Envelope, Reverb, Echo, Noise Reduction, Sample Rate Conversion and more.
- A Frequency Spectrogram View, with frequency-based editing.
- Sound effect and music library with 1,000 free audio clips included.
- Surround sound editor to produce surround sound audio.
- Supports sample rates from 6000 to 192000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits.
- Ability to work with multiple files at the same time.
- Includes a CD ripper to load audio direct from a CD-ROM.
- Player includes Scrub/Cue control for precise editing.
- Recorder supports pause, retake, auto trim and voice activated recording.
- Support MDI (Multiple Document Interface), which allows displaying multiple files all on one screen.
- Support for MME, DirectSound and ASIO playback.
- Support for MME and ASIO recording.
- Full support for VST plugins.
WavePad is just one component of the NCH Software suite of audio, video and business software. If you have not done so already, please visit www.nch.com.au to download many other related programs.