This tool is for placing stairs. Stairs consist of the tread, risers, the carriage and railings.
Anatomy of stairs:
- Stair Height: This is the overall height of the stairs.
- Stair Width: This is the overall width of the stairs.
- Tread Run: This is the length of the tread, minus the tread nose.
- Tread Nose: This is the length of the tread nose. The nose is the part of the tread that overhangs the risers.
- Rise: This is the overall height of a single step.
- Tread Color: This is the color that is applied to the treads.
- Stringer Color: This is the color that is applied to the stair stringers.
- Include Risers: Check this box to include stair risers.
- Riser Color: This is the color that is applied to the step risers (if present).
- Include Railing: Check this box to include the railing when building stairs.
To place stairs, select the stairs tool and hover the mouse over a floor or the ground. If the location is valid, a preview of the stairs will be shown. Left click to place the stairs.
The stair carriage is the supporting element of the stair tread. DreamPlan allows the following carriage types:
- None: The support structure is not visible or the stairs are suspended.
- Open Stringers: The stairs are supported by one or more visible stringers.
- Closed Stringers: The stairs are supported by stringers and the stringers are encased in a covering (such as drywall).
- Walls: The stairs are supported by and encased in a knee wall.