The Paint Calculator tool is used to quickly estimate the amount of paint needed to paint a room.
To get started, select Paint Calculator from the Tools tab. Once the tool is selected, use the mouse to highlight the room in the drawing to calculate.
After selecting a room, the Paint Calculator window will open with several options for calculating the amount of paint needed. The selected room is previewed on the right panel.
- Total Wall Area: The is the paint area of the wall which make up the room, with door and window areas subtracted.
- Include Ceiling: If checked, the ceiling is included in the final calculation for the amount of paint.
- Include Doors and Windows: If checked, the door and window area is included in the final calculation for the amount of paint.
- Total Paint Area: The sum of all selected paint surfaces.
- Number of Coats: How many coats of paint will be applied in the paint calculation.
- Square feet per gallon/Square meters per liter: How much surface area one gallon or liter is expected to cover in one coat of paint. Paint manufacturers often provide this information for their various products.
- Total gallons/liters: The amount of paint needed to cover this room.