If Pixillion tries to write a converted image to an already existing file name:
- Skip existing images: Pixillion will not overwrite any existing files.
- Replace existing images: Pixillion will overwrite existing files with newly converted images.
- Append number to filename: Pixillion will save converted images with modified names to avoid overwriting files.
When converting a non-pixel based image to a pixel based image, DPI or the pixel width of the output can be specified:
- DPI (Dots per inch): Specify DPI resolution for conversion. The higher the DPI the better the quality but the bigger the file size.
- Pixel Width: Specify pixel width of output. Please consider the aspect ratio of the original image before setting this parameter. The higher the pixels the better the quality but the bigger the file size.
DPI option will not be prompted before conversion if "Don't prompt before conversion" check box is ticked.
The following image formats do not support per-pixel transparency:
- Joint Photographic Experts Group (*.JPEG;*.JPG;)
- Personal Computer eXchange (*.PCX)
- Portable Document Format (*.PDF)
- Portable Pixmap (*.PBM;*.PGM;*.PPM;*.PNM)
- Sun Raster (*.RAS)
- Wireless Bitmap (*.WBMP)
When converting an image with per-pixel transparency to one of these formats, the transparent background can be replaced by:
- Solid Color Fills the background with the color of your choice.
- Checker Pattern Fills the background with a checkered pattern of white and gray.
- Background Image File If the selected background image file still has transparent background, the selected image file's background will simply be replaced by the white color.
Background option will not be prompted before conversion if "Don't prompt before conversion" check box is ticked.
Preserving Image Metadata
Check the Preserve metadata checkbox to preserve the input images' metadata to the converted images. Current version supports preserving EXIF metadata for JPEG, JPEG XR and TIFF file formats.
Check the Prompt for opening output file or folder after successful conversion - checkbox to get notification when the conversion completed successfully. A dialog will pop up to allow you to open the output file or folder.