The Add/Edit Investment window allows you to edit the details of an existing investment transaction or add a new investment transaction to your MoneyLine records. To create a new transaction, click the Transaction button on the main toolbar. To edit an existing transaction, double-click it from the transactions list in the main Investment window.
Select the account for this transaction.
Enter the date on which the transaction occurred.
Select the type of transaction being entered.
- Buy - Purchase shares.
- Sell - Sell shares you currently own.
- Dividend - A sum of money paid by a company to its shareholders.
- Income - Money received from investments.
- Misc Expense - Any other fees paid.
- Deposit - Deposit income into this account.
- Withdraw - Move funds out of this account.
Select the security for this investment.
This optional field may be used to enter a brief description about the transaction.
Number of Shares:
Enter the number of shares for this investment.
Price Paid per Share:
Enter the price of each share for this transaction.
Enter the amount of the commission paid.
Enter the amount of the total cost paid.