Scrolling credits can be added to a sequence using a text clip with a scrolling direction applied.
- Add a text clip to the project. Type in all the credits as the text clip's text contents.
- From the text clip's clip preview . On the Text Tools window, set the Scrolling attribute to Bottom-Top to scroll the credits up from the bottom of the screen. Adjust the other attributes (font, size, color, etc.) as required.
- All the credits will be shown in the duration of the text clip. The default duration of a text clip is short, meaning the credits will scroll very quickly. Make the duration of the text clip longer to scroll the credits slower.
- Add the clip to a sequence. Remember that other clips can be placed on video tracks above or below the credits text clip. e.g., Place a blank clip, image clip, or even a video clip on a lower video track to change what's seen behind the credits.
To create horizontally scrolling text, like a news or stock ticker, follow the above instructions with these small differences:
- Make sure all the text clip's text is on a single line (i.e., no new-line characters).
- Use the Right-Left scrolling type.